Warm Shrimp and Ham Salad over Seasonal Greens
- 1 1/2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 1 small clove garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 18 large shrimp (about 3/4 pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces country ham, julienned
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated and kept whole, well-rinsed and dried
- 1 head chicory lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated and kept whole, well-rinsed and drained (about 7 cups)
- 1 pound mixed lettuces (choose from spinach, watercress, Belgian endive, arugula), leaves only, well-rinsed and dried (about 11 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor; process until mixture is thoroughly blended, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl.
Combine shrimp, ham, carrot, bell pepper, and onion; set aside. Arrange red leaf lettuce on 6 large plates. Arrange chicory and mixed lettuces on top.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until lightly smoking. Add shrimp and vegetable mixture. Sauté, stirring frequently, just until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes. Add dressing. Toss mixture to combine all ingredients and heat 20 to 30 seconds. Spoon shrimp mixture and dressing evenly over prepared greens. Serve immediately.